Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy Monday (Or Unhappy? -since it's Monday)

Even though it's late and it'll be Tuesday by the time most of you read this, I wanted to post tonight since I didn't all weekend and then my internet was down for most of the evening (I decided to check if it was working one last time before bed and...what luck!).
Steve and I have started to work out details about our engagement, moving to Alabama, and getting married. Nothing is final yet, but as we find out and we've had the opportunity to talk to our families, I'll be posting on here. What I will say is that lots is coming up! And soon!
My friend Heather is getting married to her high school sweetheart Brock in less than 2 weeks! I'm bridesmaid-ing for her, so the next couple weeks will be busy (like a bee!). Next weekend we are throwing her bachelorette party in San Diego at the Gaslamp District. The day of the party also happens to be on her birthday, so, needless to say, this will be an epic bachelorette/birthday party!
The following weekend is the wedding up at Lake Arrowhead. I'm so happy for Heather and Brock, both of whom I'm know for many years. I've known Brock since about 4th grade when I started going to Sierra Vista Elementary, and Heather and I met in Jr. High School in band. Recently she and I went to see No Doubt in concert when they came to Irvine. Gwen Sefani is as amazing as ever!
Anyway, Heather and Brock threw a "Stock the Bar" party on Saturday. The purpose of the party is basically a way for couples on a budet to get friends and family to help alleviate some of the cost of alcohol at their wedding. Everyone who comes to the stock the bar party brings something to drink that night, and then an additional (unopened) bottle for use at the wedding. It was a pretty good time, but I'm going to save the details and pictures from that for tomorrow's post, because I need sleep!
So until then!
<3 Hilabee

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! I'm so glad I get to share this amazing time in my life with an equally amazing friend!!!! and i concur...this weekend WILL be epic! :)
    ♥ the other HC soon to be HB :)

    ReplyDelete